What to do with dad on Father’s Day weekend
Check out special Father’s Day events and NH attractions where admission is free for dads on Father’s Day
Father’s Day is on Sunday, June 17, 2018. Looking for something to do to celebrate Father’s Day? Here are some special Father’s Day events and things to do with your favorite dad or grandfather.
Dads can enjoy free and discounted admission/tickets to the following attractions and museums on Sunday, June 17 when a paid children’s and/or adult ticket is purchased:
As always, we do our best to assure the accuracy of this list. However, it’s always a good idea to check websites and verify information for yourself.
- Alpine Adventures in Lincoln, NH: Free zipline for dad on Father’s Day with another paid customer.
- Attitash Mountain Resort in Barlett, NH: Dads can receive a free Attitash Attractions Park Ticket with purchase of child’s ticket. The Attitash Attractions Park Ticket includes the Mountain Coaster, waterslides, slacklines, airbag and Alpine Slide.
- Candia Springs Adventure Park in Candia, NH: Free admission for dads on Father’s Day with another paid admission.
- Canobie Lake Park in Salem, NH: Dads can enjoy free admission AND lunch on Father’s Day.
- Castle in the Clouds in Moultonborough, NH: Free tour admission for dads at the Lucklow Estate on Father’s Day.
- Children’s Museum of New Hampshire in Dover, NH: Free admission for dads on Father’s Day and kids are invited to make silly crowns and festive picture frames.
- Clark’s Trading Post in Lincoln, NH: Discounted admission for dads ($10 off with this coupon) on Father’s Day.
- Conway Scenic Railroad in North Conway, NH: Dad rides for free in First Class on Father’s Day when accompanied by another paying adult. Complimentary appetizers served on board our First Class Parlor Car, the Gertrude Emma.
- Cranmore Mountain in North Conway, NH: Purchase a child’s All Park Pass, child’s Mountain Adventure or child’s Aerial Adventure pass and Dad gets a pass for free on Father’s Day.
- Fenway Park in Boston, MA: The Boston Red Sox will open Fenway Park for the 11th Annual Father’s Day “Walk in the Park” on Sunday, June 17 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. The event gives fans the opportunity to walk around the warning track, sit inside the visitor and home dugouts, get autographs from Red Sox alumni, and participate in other family-friendly activities. The event is free and open to everyone.
- Lost River Gorge and Boulder Caves in Woodstock, NH: Dads are free with another paid admission on Father’s Day.
- Mount Washington Resort in Bretton Woods, NH: Free canopy tour or round of golf (reservations required) on Father’s Day.
- Polar Caves Park in Rumney, NH: Dads are free with another paid admission on Father’s Day.
- Remick Country Doctor Museum & Farm in Tamworth, NH: June 16, 2018 is NH Appreciation Day and all New Hampshire residents are admitted for free.
- Strawbery Banke Museum in Portsmouth, NH: Everyone (well, all NH residents) is admitted for free to celebrate New Hampshire’s 230th birthday and Father’s Day on Sunday, June 17.
- Southwick Zoo in Mendon, MA: Half price admission for dads on Father’s Day weekend (June 16-17, 2018).
- Story Land in Glen, NH: Everyone receives $5 off admission on Father’s Day (plus, don’t miss Smart Day Savings promotions throughout the summer. Save $8 off gate admission when you visit on the following dates: July 4, August 5, August 29, September 16 and September 30.)
- Vermont Institute of Natural Science in Quechee, VT: Dad’s receive free admission on Father’s Day.
- Water Country in Portsmouth, NH: Free admission for dads on Father’s Day with any paid admission. Tickets must be purchased at the park and are not valid for online purchases.
- Whales Tale Water Park in Lincoln, NH: Free admission for dads with another paid admission on Father’s Day.
- Wright Museum in Wolfeboro, NH: Dads are free with another paid admission on Father’s Day.
- Zoo New England: Free admission at the Franklin Park Zoo and Stone Zoo on Father’s Day.
Additional 2018 Father’s Day weekend events
- June 14: 17th Annual Best of NH Party in Manchester, NH
- June 14-16: Sand Sculpting Competition in Hampton, NH
- June 15-17: Rock ‘n’ Ribfest in Merrimack, NH
- June 15-17: Quechee Hot Air Balloon Craft and Music Festival in VT
- June 16: Newport Brewfest
- June 16: International Children’s Festival in Somersworth