New Hampshire community mental health centers are open
Centers Are responding To COVID-19 by transitioning services and support to Telehealth, telephone and online
The New Hampshire Community Behavioral Health Association (CBHA) is one of the many organizations around the state dealing with the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. CBHA is comprised of 10-member Community Mental Health Centers who provide over 40 locations throughout New Hampshire serving individuals and families in communities.
Together, CBHA and its centers are working to shift services and supports to reflect the current situation and to address recommended extended isolation based on the Center for Disease Control guidelines.
As the number of cases of COVID-19 increases, so does the associated anxiety. The mental health effects of COVID-19 are as important to address as are the physical health effects we are seeing throughout the state and the world.
The local community mental health centers are open and working diligently to meet the needs of their clients and anyone who needs mental health assistance. However, among the challenges the centers face are the same challenges other health care providers are experiencing around the state; shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE) that protects clients and the staff, managing patients who require in-home visits while following the social distancing guidelines, and continued work towards protecting the financial integrity of the nonprofit health care providers. Many of the centers provide injectable medications, which require the use of PPEs.
While walk-ins are not accepted currently, there are many other options for clients to get the support they need. Several of the centers have already successfully transitioned to Telehealth, telephone supports and online and video platforms.
Further, centers are thoroughly following the CDC and Governor’s recommendations as they regard COVID-19. Almost daily, each center is releasing information relevant and important for their clients and the public through their websites and their social media channels.
The Community Mental Health Centers are:
- Riverbend Community Behavioral Health: https://www.riverbendcmhc.org/ (603) 228-1600
- Seacoast Mental Health Center: https://smhc-nh.org/ (603) 431-6703
- Lakes Region Mental Health: https://www.lrmhc.org/ (603) 524-1100
- The Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester: https://www.mhcgm.org/ (603) 668-4111
- Greater Nashua Mental Health: https://gnmh.org/ (603) 889-6147
- Community Partners: https://communitypartnersnh.org/ (603) 516-9300
- Center for Life Management: https://www.centerforlifemanagement.org/ (603)-434-1577
- Northern Human Services: https://northernhs.org/ (603) 447-8001
- Monadnock Family Services: https://www.mfs.org/ (603) 357-4400
- West Central Behavioral Health: https://www.wcbh.org/ (603) 542-5128